Summer Junior Intensive
*Deadline extended until May 31!
Questions? Email email@example.com
The NYC Dance Alliance Junior Intensive, for dancers ages 10-13, is a 6-day intimate training opportunity with NYCDA faculty and professional guests. The program is focused on reinforcing and augmenting each dancer’s existing technique, while exploring new dance vocabulary - all within a classroom and rehearsal setting.
- The Junior Intensive is open to ALL dancers ages 10-13.
- The 6-day session ends with an informal in-studio showcase, to be livestreamed for an audience of family and friends. Plans include a virtual showcase for Zoom dancers, as well.
NOTE: Due to these uncertain times, it is still not clear what the NYC capacity restrictions will be in July/August. The goal is to host a hybrid event, with dancers in the studio and on Zoom. In-person space will be limited. An in-person waiting list will be created and used if/when capacity limitations are updated.
Pace University, NYC
August 2-7, 2021
DAILY SCHEDULE SAMPLE
(times are Eastern time zone)
|9:00 - 10:30||Ballet|
|10:30 - 12:00||Contemporary|
|12:00 - 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 - 2:30||Seminars/Class|
|2:30 - 4:00||Specialty Class|
|4:00 - 6:00||Rehearsal or Specialty Class|
CURRICULUM and SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Experience it ALL: jazz, ballet, tap, contemporary, modern, musical theater, hip hop, voice, injury prevention, auditioning, yoga and more.
- Attend Special Industry Seminars unique to NYCDA. Meet a variety of industry professionals including Broadway choreographers, casting directors, dance company members, nutritionists, physical therapists and more. Topics range from ‘writing a resume’ to ‘getting the job.’ Be informed! Audition workshops have included "Cats", "On Your Feet", “Come Fly Away,” “In The Heights,” “Legally Blonde,” “42nd Street” and "Hamilton.” Special workshops have also included such notable companies as Hubbard Street, Twyla Tharp and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
- Studio Showcase Performance: Share what you’ve learned with your family and friends! An informal showcase will be livestreamed for everyone to enjoy. No in-person audience will be allowed into the dance studio.
ELIGIBILITY & AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
The NYCDA Junior Intensive will accept a limited enrollment of young dancers ages 10-13. The application is required from ALL dancers. Video submission will be required of dancers not automatically accepted through an NYCDA event.
One Week In-Person: $1250*
One Week Virtual: $900
*50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure in-person space. First come, first served.
- The NYCDA Junior Intensive will accept a limited number of in-person dancers. Capacity is still TBD.
- All dancers will be notified by June7, 2021.*
- A 50% tuition deposit (for either in-person or virtual) will be due by May 21, 2021. Full tuition will be due by June 30, 2021.
- No refunds, no exceptions. In the case of injury or illness, credit will be extended for a future NYCDA event, minus a 15% administrative fee.
- NYCDA Regional Rising Stars receive $200 towards the tuition.
- This year, there will be no additional financial assistance or scholarships available.
* NYCDA Regional Outstanding Dancers & OD Runners-up, NYCDA Convention Triple Threat Winners, NYCDA Rising Stars, Onstage NY Title Winners and Onstage NY Triple Threat Winners are all automatically accepted to Pre-Professional Intensive. No audition necessary. However, space is not guaranteed without a 50% deposit. Limited availability – first come, first served.
ROOM & BOARD
- No accommodations are provided. We are investigating the possibility of arranging for daily lunch, for an additional fee.
- Onsite dancers will be required to provide proof of negative covid test prior to arrival and may be required to provide an additional test while in NYC. Full Covid protocol will be shared separately, based on NYC Department of Health guidance.
All prospective NYCDA Junior Intensive students must provide the following by May 31, 2021:
- Completed application form
- Photo or headshot
- One letter of recommendation from dance instructors or qualified dance professional. (Dancers awarded automatic acceptance at an NYCDA event are not required to submit a recommendation letter.)
- Video Audition. Simple in-studio cell phone video is acceptable. (Video is only required of dancers not automatically accepted through an NYCDA event.) See video guidelines below.
Early admission notifications will happen starting May 1. All dancers will be notified by June 7. A waitlist will be utilized for in-person applications and dancers will be accepted/notified if/when capacity limitations allow. We encourage early applications – first come, first served – subject to availability.
VIDEO AUDITION GUIDELINES
All audition videos must include the following:
- Video intro of dancer that includes name and age.
- Ballet (required) - Present a short adagio and a grande allegro combination demonstrating control, line, extension, jumps and turns.
- Jazz/Lyrical or Contemporary (required) - Present a short 1 minute solo.
- Maximum video length is 5 minutes.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org