NATIONAL DANCE DISCOVERY SHOWCASE
Open to ALL High School Graduating Seniors!
***Here at NYCDA, we are committed to fostering a future generation free of hate and discrimination, and in order to do this we must make standing up against injustice a top priority. All classes and streams scheduled for TUESDAY will be postponed to Wednesday, and we will be joining the entertainment industry in dedicating the day to uplifting the communities most affected by current events. We encourage all of you to use your voice and do the same.
JUST ADDED for ALL registered participants!
Exclusive Zoom Q&A with agents from bloc Talent, Clear Talent Group, Lakey Wolff & Co, Lucille DiCampli Artist Rep and MSA Agency.
This national talent search seeks to cultivate promising young artists in the performance categories of:
Concert Dance • Broadway/Theater Dance
Ballet/Contemporary Ballet • Commercial Dance
- Each of the 4 performance categories will be guided by 3 professional mentors. Find out more about our mentors HERE!
- All solos will be part of a Virtual Broadcast Discovery Showcase.
- All dancers receive solo critiques and a Zoom master class with a mentor.
- 100 dancers will be selected for the Semi-Final Level – 25 from each of the 4 performance categories.
- 40 dancers will be selected for Final Level – 10 from each of the 4 performance categories.
- Top 12 dancers will each be handpicked by the professional mentors - 3 from each of the 4 performance category.
Virtual Broadcast Dance Discovery Showcase
- All dancer solos are broadcast as part of a virtual broadcast Discovery Showcase, May 26-29.
- All dancers will receive professional video/audio critiques on their solo.
- Separately, all dancers will participate in a Zoom Master Class conducted by one of mentors from their performance category.
- 25 dancers will be selected as semi-finalists in each performance category. 100 total.
- These 100 solos will be broadcast as part of a virtual broadcast Semi-Final Showcase on June 3.
- These 100 solos will receive additional video/audio critiques from associates of the 12 mentors. These associates will determine the finalists.
- 10 finalists will be selected in each performance category. 40 total.
- A Zoom class of 10 finalists will be conducted in each of the 4 performance categories. The 3 Mentors from that category will observe and offer class feedback.
- These 40 solos will receive additional feedback directly from the 12 mentors.
- The top 12 dancers will each be handpicked by the professional mentors - 3 from each of the 4 performance category.
- A LIVE Finals Broadcast will announce the top 12 dancers and include their 12 solos, along with Mentors commentary.
Ultimately, these Top 12 dancers, selected from the high school graduating class of 2020, will each receive:
- 2 day ‘professional experience’ with their mentor (scheduled at a mutually available time/location)
- $1000 training scholarship from the NYC Dance Alliance Foundation
- A $600 Summer Intensive scholarship or a $4000 Conservatory Scholarship from Steps on Broadway
- This talent search is open to ALL graduating high school seniors, class of 2020.
- Each dancer may submit a maximum of one solo in each of the 4 performance categories - up to 4 total solos.
- A pre-recorded solo performance will be needed to participate.
- With the ongoing challenge of COVID-19, the quality of the video will have no bearing on the evaluation of the dancer. Basement, garage and living room recordings will be equally considered, along with past stage performance and dance studio recordings.
- Costuming and production value will have no bearing on the outcome.
- Your dance studio or training institution must register you via the online registration portal. Don't have an NYCDA account? Quickly create one before registering. Register HERE.
- Each dancer must be registered under their home studio or place of training. Performing Arts High Schools and similar are welcome. No independent entries.
- Participation Fee is $100 per submitted solo.
Schedule of Events
Questions? Check out our FAQs HERE.
Ready to Register? Click HERE.